If you’re interested in reading, please email the appropriate site coordinator from the following list.
Sausalito: whytherearewords AT gmail DOT com
Austin: wtawaustin AT gmail Dot com
Los Angeles: wtawlosangeles AT gmail Dot com
New York City: mpcollins2 AT gmail Dot com
Pittsburgh: nancykoerbel AT gmail Dot com
Be patient since the reading series is at this time a complete labor of love. If you like the idea of helping to make things more efficient, as in perhaps making it possible to hire an admin aid, you can contribute to the cause here with our gratitude.
1. Obviously: original work only.
2. Please send a single file containing all submitted materials, including your bio. Include the address of your website in your bio. If you don’t have a website include another link where you can be found online.
3. No more than 8 minutes total reading time, which equates to 3.5-4 pages of double-spaced prose, 12 pt. text, or 4-6 poems, depending on length. Submissions with more will be deleted unread.
4. Include your name, phone number, e-mail, and your website URL within the body of your email.
5. Please do not send your work to any other email address or contact form (i.e. don’t contact Peg via her website!)
— Please understand that the schedule fills quickly.
— WTAW reserves the right to privilege first-time readers.
— We favor no one esthetic over another.
— If you are a teacher or friend of writers, please share this information and encourage your students and friends to submit their work for consideration. We are dedicated to supporting writers at all stages of their development.
— We think of Why There Are Words as a community. Meaning? Come out to the events and support your fellow writers.
— We are always interested in hearing from people who would like to get involved as volunteers, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like to help out.
Thank you for your interest in WTAW!